Korean Knife Cut Noodles Kalguksu
|For the noodles|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|For the soup|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Small, chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, slice|
|Zucchini squash||1 Medium, cubed|
|Chicken||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
1. In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, cold water, salt and oil, mix well and knead into dough for about 10 min.
2. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep aside for about 30 min.
3. Cut a little portion of the squash skin into strips, place on a small plate, sprinkle salt and keep aside for the garnish.
4. In another bowl, add soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, sesame seeds, red chili powder, ginger and garlic, mix well.
5. Turn out the dough on a floured board; roll out a thin sheet with the rolling pin.
6. Fold the sheet over a few times and cut out the noodle strips with a knife.
7. In a pan, boil the chicken stock, add the potato, chicken, onion, and squash pieces.
8. Bring to a boil and add the noodles into the pan and simmer until cooked.
9. Serve in a large bowl, spoon in the sauce and garnish with the squash strips.
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.9 mg10.3%
Sodium 774.6 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet