Spicy Prawn Koftas
|Frozen cooked prawns||1 Pound, defrosted and peeled (500 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , diced|
|Ginger paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||2 , finely chopped|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Corn oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, For Frying)|
1. Place the prawns in a food processor and mince lightly. Remove and drain through a sieve.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the onions, ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander, lemon juice, green chillies, salt and fresh coriander.
3. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the minced prawns and combine them with the onion and spice mixture. Use your hand to mix well. Break off small pieces of the mixture and shape into 12-15 small balls. Set aside.
4. Dip the koftas first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Line a large serving dish with kitchen paper. Heat the oil to a high temperature in a frying pan, then lower the heat to medium and add the koftas, 2 or 3 at a time, and fry for 1 1/2-2 minutes, turning them gently with a slotted spoon until they are a nice golden brown.
6. Turn the koftas on to the kitchen paper and serve hot.