Happy New Year (2010) Appetizer Dumplings
|Dumpling wraps||80 (2 packets used)|
|To marinate the pork|
|Minced pork||500 Gram|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Water chestnuts||227 Gram, roughly minced|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon (or 2 tsp)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|To fry the dumplings|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided (As needed)|
1. Into a food processor, roughly mince the water chestnuts and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients to marinate the pork. Combine everything well.
3. Let marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, take each dumpling wrap in your hand, moisten the edges with water.
5. Spoon a little of the pork mixture in the center of the wrap and fold the edge over and seal, as shown in the video.
6. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, place the dumplings in the pan and fry over medium heat.
7. Flip sides and fry until golden brown on both sides.
8. Add water (about 1/2 cup), cover the pan with a lid and let steam for a couple of minutes.
9. After a couple of minutes, uncover the pan, flip sides of the dumplings, pour a little more water (about 1/4 cup), cover and steam again for a couple of minutes until done.
10. Serve as it is or with your choice of dipping sauce.