Warm Duck, Ginger and Cabbage Salad - Goi Vit
|For the salad|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|White cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Spring onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Duck meat/Chicken meat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted, cut into small pieces|
|For the vinaigrette dressing|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Slice the red and white cabbage, carrots and spring onions very thin. Put them all into a large bowl and set aside.
To prepare the vinaigrette dressing:
2. In a pan, add vinegar, water, sugar, garlic and ginger. Place it over medium-low heat, stir to dissolve the sugar.
3. Add fish sauce and stir.
4. Pour the dressing and mix with the salad in the bowl while the dressing is still warm. (For a vegetarian option- serve as it is)
5. At this stage you may add roasted duck meat pieces and toss the salad.
6. Serve garnished with mint and coriander and ground peanuts, if desired.