This Vietnamese fresh spring rolls recipe is one of those healthy vegan recipes that is so simple it makes me never want to pay for it in a restaurant. Load up on lots of fresh vegetables while making it fun with a delicious peanut dipping sauce.
For peanut sauce
Natural peanut butter
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
Toasted sesame oil
Brown rice vinegar/Apple cider vinegar
To Taste (or paste)
For rice paper wraps
200 Gram, remove the stiff part (as needed)
2 , grated or julienned (as needed)
2 , julienned (as needed)
1 , sliced lengthwise (as needed)
25 Gram (parsley, cilantro or any fresh herb)
Rice paper wrappers
10 (as needed)
For Peanut Sauce:
1. In a bowl, mix together peanut butter and sesame oil.
2. Add toasted sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, and chili flakes. Mix well and set aside.
For Spring Rolls:
3. Fill a plate with water and place rice paper wrap in it for a couple of minutes to soften.
4. Pull it out and allow the water to drip for a few seconds and then place it on another plate.
5. Dip another wrapper in the water while you roll the first one.
6. Lay a lettuce leaf on the wrapper and fill it with carrot, onion, cucumber strips, and parsley. Do not over fill.
7. Fold the ends of the wrapper and then fold on one side over the filling. Squeeze slightly with your hands and roll to the end of the other side as shown in the video. Repeat for more rolls.
8. Let rest for a few minutes, slice in half, and serve with sauce.
Expecting guests? This video might come as a savior. Watch chef Heather share her personal favorite recipe to prepare these totally delightful Thai Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce. This recipe is sure to fetch you compliments.