Oriental Chuck Steak
|Chuck steak||3 Pound, cut 1 1/4 inches thick|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Diagonally sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced pimiento||2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat fat in skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Brown chuck steak on both sides in hot fat.
3. Add onions and cook until golden brown.
4. Add water to drained bamboo-shoot liquid to make 3/4 cup liquid. Combine liquid with soy sauce, molasses, and bouillon cube. Add to meat.
5. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat about 1 hour, or until meat is nearly tender.
6. Add bamboo shoots, celery and pimiento. Continue cooking until celery is crisply tender, about 25 minutes.
7. Remove meat and vegetables to a hot serving platter.
8. Spoon off as much fat as possible from drippings in skillet. Add water to drippings if necessary to make 1 cup of liquid.
9. Combine cornstarch and water. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.