Marinated Tempeh With Mango Mojo
|Soy tempeh||1 Pound|
|Fresh orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light sesame oil/Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon|
|For mango mojo|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (Small Cloves)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Mango||1 Large, peeled and cut into chunks to make 2 cups|
|Chipotle chili in adobo sauce||1|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
To make the tempeh:
1. Cut each tempeh block into 12 even and angled slices.
2. In a large saucepan, combine 2 1/2 cups of water with the orange juice, shoyu, lime juice, garlic cloves, cumin, and bay leaf. Add the tempeh. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until most of the marinade is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Cover and set aside.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the tempeh and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Add 2 more teaspoons of oil and repeat with the remaining tempeh.
4. Divide the tempeh evenly among 4 plates. Spoon the Mango Mojo over each serving. Place spears of Roasted Asparagus alongside, and serve.
To make the mango mojo:
1. Heat the oil and garlic together in a small nonstick skillet. Add the cumin and cook over low heat, stirring until the garlic begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and transfer to a blender along with the orange juice, lime juice, mango, chipotle chile, lime zest, and salt. Blend until smooth.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1904 Calories from Fat 754
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6695.3 mg279%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.2%
Sugars 120.8 g
Protein 96 g192.8%
Vitamin A 96.1% Vitamin C 441.8%
Calcium 74.8% Iron 108.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet