Arabic Lebanese Cube Dish
|Bulgur||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hot pepper||2 Small, mince|
|Onion||1 Medium, mince|
|For the filling|
|Ground meat||500 Gram|
|Onions||1 Large, slice|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|English peppers||1 Small, slice|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Soak the Bulgar in water until for 1 hour or until the water is completely absorbed.
2. Mince the onions and hot pepper, set aside.
3. Slice the onions and English pepper, set aside.
4. Preheat the oven.
5. In a saute pan pour oil and fry the onions until brown, add the English pepper, ground meat, pine nuts, almonds and season with black pepper, nutmeg and salt to taste.
6. Cook the ground meat until cooked completely, once done turn off the heat and set aside.
7. Once the bulgur is ready add the onions and hot pepper and form in into dough, divide the dough.
8. Place the 1 half of the bulgur dough in a baking dish and form an even single layer.
9. Fill the baking dish with the ground meat mixture, spreading it evenly.
10. Once done add the second half of the dough and spread it evenly and cover the entire baking dish.
11. Bake it in the oven until nicely browned on top.
12. Serve along with fresh salad on the side.
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg7.3%
Sodium 94.5 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.2%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 22 g44.1%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet