Ginataang Munggo is a simple Filipino dessert dish wherein toasted Mung beans and sticky rice are cooked in coconut milk.
If you have been out of the Philippines for many years, having this dish can make you feel nostalgic. It makes you think of home and the good things of the past. Don’t eat too much or you’ll end up purchasing a plane ticket right away
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed (Malagkit)
1. Heat a pan and put-in the Mung beans.
2. Toast the Mung beans until brown.
3. Turn-off heat and let the mung beans cool down.
4. Crack the toasted mung beans using a mortar and pestle (almires). Set aside.
5. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in coconut milk. Let boil.
6. Add the sticky rice and Mung beans then stir. Cook in low heat for 15 to 18 minutes while stirring once in a while, or until the coconut milk is almost absorbed.
7. Add sugar then stir.
8. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve! You may serve this either hot or cold. I like having this cold with some extra coconut milk on top.
10. Share and enjoy!
This video is a creation of panlasangpinoy. You can visit panlasangpinoy for complete recipes, and more videos.