This is the recipe I was waiting for all day. So today we are going to see how to make roasted beef salad.
1 Pound, trimmed
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (divided)
Lettuce leaves/Mesclun mix
8 Cup (128 tbs), torn
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted
1 , washed, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven at 350°F/175°C.
2. Toast the sunflower seeds until brown
2. Cut the top and bottom of the cleaned beets.
3. Place them on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of canola oil just to cover the beets.
4. Roast the beets in the oven for 45 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, zest, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and blend well.
7. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp (45 mL) of canola oil slowly into the above mixture for emulsifying.
8. Rub off the beet skins with the help of a kitchen towel.
9. Cut beets into small wedges and place it in a large salad bowl.
10. Add the lettuce, feta cheese, sunflower seeds and apple slices to the beet wedges.
11. Drizzle the prepared dressing over the beet salad and toss lightly.
12. Serve the beet salad in a large bowl or divide between 4 salad plates, garnishing with a few basil leaves if you like.
All you need to pull off this great meal together is yummy, colorful, earthy flavored beet. A powerhouse of antioxidants, this yummy salad makes for a great side dish and goes well with all non-vegetarian dishes.