Adobong Labong is a type of Bamboo Shoot dish cooked with pork and shrimps. Bamboo Shoots are known as “Labong” in Filipino. These are soft and young bamboo sprouts that sprung on the ground. Have you tried cooking bamboo shoots? Some varieties of bamboo shoots have cyanide content. Make sure to peel the skin and boil the bamboo shoots before using to reduce or eliminate the toxin.
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cut in 1 to 2 inch length
1⁄8 Pound, thinly sliced
6 , shelled and deveined
Pork broth/Beef broth
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Medium, minced
Ground black pepper
1. Pour cooking oil in a wok then apply heat.
2. Sauté garlic and onions
3. Add pork then cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour-in pork or beef broth and let boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to15 minutes.
5. Add shrimps, bamboo shoots, salt, and ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour-in vinegar and let boil. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes.
If you are looking for a delicious Filipino curry dish, then you must be watching this video. A Filipino chef is making adobong labong using bamboo shoots, pork, shrimp and few other simple ingredients. His directions are quiet clear or at least it seems so as he narrates in his native language. Wished he had given written instructions on the video for everyone to understand and try the dish which looks so attractive.