Minty Lamb Kebabs With Cucumber & Yogurt
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cardamom pods||3|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Inch|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chopped mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Minced ground lamb||14 Ounce (425 Gram, 1 3/4 Cup, Ground)|
|Lime slices||4 (To Serve)|
|Natural yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Cucumber piece||1 , grated (3 Inch Piece)|
|Mango chutney||1 Teaspoon|
1. Dry-fry the coriander, cumin, cloves, cardamom pods and peppercorns until they turn a shade darker and release a roasted aroma.
2. Grind the roasted spices together in a coffee grinder, spice mill or pestle and mortar.
3. Put the ginger and garlic into a food processor or blender and process to a puree. Add the ground spices, mint, onion, lamb and salt and process until chopped finely. Alternatively, finely chop the garlic and ginger and mix with the ground spices and remaining kebab ingredients.
4. Mould the kebab mixture into small sausage shapes on 4 kebab skewers. Cook under a preheated hot grill (broiler) for 10-15 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally.
5. To make the cucumber and yogurt dip, mix all the ingredients together.
6. Serve the lamb kebabs with lime slices and the dip.