Minty Lamb Kebabs With Cucumber & Yogurt
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cardamom pods||3|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Inch|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chopped mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Minced ground lamb||14 Ounce (425 Gram, 1 3/4 Cup, Ground)|
|Lime slices||4 (To Serve)|
|Natural yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Cucumber piece||1 , grated (3 Inch Piece)|
|Mango chutney||1 Teaspoon|
1. Dry-fry the coriander, cumin, cloves, cardamom pods and peppercorns until they turn a shade darker and release a roasted aroma.
2. Grind the roasted spices together in a coffee grinder, spice mill or pestle and mortar.
3. Put the ginger and garlic into a food processor or blender and process to a puree. Add the ground spices, mint, onion, lamb and salt and process until chopped finely. Alternatively, finely chop the garlic and ginger and mix with the ground spices and remaining kebab ingredients.
4. Mould the kebab mixture into small sausage shapes on 4 kebab skewers. Cook under a preheated hot grill (broiler) for 10-15 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally.
5. To make the cucumber and yogurt dip, mix all the ingredients together.
6. Serve the lamb kebabs with lime slices and the dip.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1211 Calories from Fat 723
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.3%
Saturated Fat 42 g210.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.2 mg6.4%
Sodium 1152.2 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 78 g155.9%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 98.7%
Calcium 50.9% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet