Shrimp Egg Fu Yung
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen raw shelled deveined shrimps||8 Ounce, cooked, diced (1 Package)|
|Canned bean sprouts||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil/Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Blend cornstarch with water until smooth in a small saucepan; stir in instant chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles for 3 minutes; remove from heat; keep warm.
2. Beat the eggs in a medium-size bowl, then stir in the shrimps, bean sprouts, green onion and salt.
3. Heat a large, heavy skillet slowly over low heat. Test temperature by sprinkling in a few drops of water. When drops bounce about, temperature is right. Lightly grease the skillet with some of the oil.
4. Measure about 3 tablespoons of egg mixture for each pancake into pan. (Wait until one has set before pouring in the next one.) Bake until set and underside is golden; turn; brown the other side. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, lightly greasing skillet when needed.
5. As pancakes are baked, stack on a heated serving plate and keep warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1002 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1848.9 mg616.3%
Sodium 3658.1 mg152.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 94 g187.7%
Vitamin A 108.9% Vitamin C 172.4%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 72.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet