Korean Food: Bulgogi and Rice
|Top round||2 Pound, cut in thin slices and washed|
|Green onions||4 , roughly chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Bell peppers||2 , cut in strips (yellow and green)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, place the beef, and put in some green onions, some onions and soy sauce.
2. Add sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and black pepper, some green and yellow peppers in the beef mixture.
3. Add in little water and stir well with hands to coat, cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to overnight.
4. In a skillet, heat the olive oil, put in the beef, garlic and ginger juice and stir fry it.
5. Reduce the heat and allow it to boil, and stir until the mixture is dry and beef is tender, add more water and cook if the beef is not tender.
6. Add in the reserved vegetables and cook until the vegetables are hot.
7. Serve hot over steamed rice.
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg43.3%
Sodium 1035.9 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 49 g98.2%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 115.6%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet