Buche De Noel
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Not A Mix Variety)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Ounce (Use Powdered 10X Confectioners Sugar)|
|Coffee cream filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate butter frosting||1 Ounce|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan; line pan with waxed paper; grease paper.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt onto waxed paper; reserve.
3. Beat eggs until thick and creamy in a medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until mixture is very thick. Beat in water and vanilla; fold in flour mixture until blended. Spread batter in pan.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 10 minutes, or till center springs back when pressed with finger.
5. Loosen cake around pan edges with sharp knife; invert pan onto a clean towel dusted with 10X sugar; peel off paper. Starting at a long side, roll up, jelly-roll fashion; wrap in towel; cool on rack.
6. Unroll cake carefully; spread with Coffee Cream Filling; reroll. Place on a serving plate.
7. Cut 1/2 -inch-thick slice from one end of cake roll; remove inner coil and reshape tightly to form a "knot" on a log; frost with a bit of Chocolate Butter Frosting. Frost cake roll with remaining frosting; draw the tines of a fork length wise through frosting to resemble "bark" and press "knot" onto the side. Sprinkle ends of the roll with chopped pistachio nuts and dust top with 10X sugar.
8. Chill roll until serving time. Cut it crosswise into 12 thick slices.