1. In a wok, preheat the oil to 375 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, chop the tomatoes and celery and cut green onion in 1 inch pieces and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the fish and put all purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well.
4. Place the fish in hot oil and let it fry for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
5. Remove the fish and drain it on a wire rack.
6. In a wok over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, and stir in the vegetable for about 10 seconds.
7. Add the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and water.
8. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch with water, and pour into the vegetable mixture and cook until the sauce thickens.
9. Spoon sauce over the fish, garnish with parsley and serve.
Chinese sweet and sour fish is a fabulous recipe. Here the chef has prepared this dish in such a simple manner so that the same can be easily prepared at home. Prepare this flavorful fish in your own kitchen with just a little effort and serve over warm rice for lunch or dinner.