1. Put all the spices from the packet in a cloth bag and tie tightly.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the beef as thin as possible and set aside.
3. In a bowl, put together sliced onions, ¼ cup water and vinegar and soak for 1 or 2 hours.
4. In a large pot, pour water and set heat on high, add beef bone and salt and bring to boil.
5. Once the water boils, remove the froth from the surface with a spoon, put in the spice bag and let the broth boil for 10 minutes more.
6. Cover and let the broth simmer for an hour.
7. In a bowl, soak noodles in hot water for 20 minutes and drain.
8. In a serving bowl, place the noodles, beef slices, drained onions and spoon the boiling hot broth on top.
9. Serve hot noodle soup with beansprouts, sliced jalapeno and basil leaves on side.
Here is a delicious Vietnamese noodle soup with beef and onion that pampers your taste buds with an amazing flavor. The chef here has prepared this Vietnamese pho a simple manner with a very few ingredients available right in your kitchen. This magical soup is worth trying out!