Sweet and Sour Chicken
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1⁄4 Pound, chop (chop into bite size pieces)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Sweet and sour sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the cornstarch|
1. Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
2. Chop the carrots, celery, red bell pepper and onions; mince the garlic, set aside.
3. In a small bowl mix water and cornstarch, set aside.
4 In a bowl combine chicken with sugar and soy sauce, and marinate the chicken well for 10 minutes.
5. In the wok pour oil and saute the garlic on medium high heat, add the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the chicken is done.
6. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute, pour the sweet and sour sauce and continue to stir.
7. Add the cornstarch and cook until the sauce has thickened.
8. Serve the sweet and sour chicken with steamed rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1030 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 1849.8 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g63.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.6%
Sugars 107.5 g
Protein 36 g71.3%
Vitamin A 266.4% Vitamin C 208.8%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet