A former ESL teacher in Chuncehon, South Korea, shares her version of kimchi pizza using fiery dakkalbi (BBQ chicken) sauce.
Please Follow the Video
1. To make the dakkalbi pizza sauce, mix Korean hot pepper paste, hot chili powder or hot paprika, minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sweetener or sugar, honey and black pepper and mix them really well.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. To assemble the pizza, first take a crust. Using a pastry brush, put the sauce onto the crust and coat it thoroughly.
4. Top it with turkey pepperoni. You may also use grilled chicken strips if you want.
5. Now arrange a layer of kimchi on top of it.
6. Finally, top it off with some shredded Italian cheese.
7. Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes.
8. Serve hot.
How about a spicy kimchi pizza? Our very innovative chef is making another fusion dish that is Chuncheon kimchi pizza using Kimchi and Dak galbi sauce as a base. Now ditch that store bought pizza sauce and try Dak galbi, you will fall for it forever. Interestingly, it is very easy to make and can be used in many other recipes, if you like the Korean touch.