A simple to make Laotian bake chicken with papaya salad recipe.
For the papaya salad
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded
2 Clove (10 gm)
4 Medium, halved
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Wash and make cuts in the chicken diagonally.
2. Marinate the chicken legs with sugar, salt, oyster sauce and garlic powder, season it well and let it rest for 1 hour.
3. Prepare a baking pan line it with foil.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degree on broil setting.
5. Shred the papaya,
6. After 1 hour place the chicken legs on the baking tray and bake it in the preheated oven for 1 hour, flip the chicken after 30 minutes intervals.
7. In the meantime make the papaya salad, in a mortar pound the garlic and red chili, add the papaya and cut the cherry tomatoes in half, sugar, roasted peanut and fish sauce, lime juice and smash everything in the mortar.
8. Once done transfer the papaya salad in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
9. Once the chicken is done remove and let it rest.
10. Serve the baked chicken along with papaya salad on the side.