Korean Grilled Beef
|Lean beef||1 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||12 , roughly sliced|
|For ssam jaang|
|Hot pepper paste||1 Tablespoon (gochuchang)|
|Bean paste||2 Tablespoon (doenjang)|
|Chopped green onions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 , chopped|
|For green onion salad|
|Green onion||8 , diced and rinsed in water|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (1-2)|
|Hot pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||2 , quartered and cut in large pieces|
|Carrot||1⁄2 , quartered and cut in large pieces|
1. Using sharp knife, cut beef into bite-sized pieces, of about ½ inch in thickness.
2. In a bowl, put the beef and season with salt, black pepper, and sesame oil and mix well and set aside.
For ssam Jaang (dipping sauce)
3. In a bowl, put together all the ingredients for ssam jaang and stir well to combine and set aside.
For green onion salad (pajuhri)
4. Cut the green onions, in large pieces, slice the white part in half lengthwise and cut it in large pieces.
5. Rinse the sliced green onion in running water, drain and set aside.
6. In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, hot pepper flakes, sugar, sesame seeds, and sesame oil.
7. Add the green onions to the sauce and mix it up with a spoon.
8. On a heated grill or pan, drizzle 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
9. Place the meat and sliced garlic cook to desired doneness, and flip using tongs as needed.
10. Place a piece of beef and garlic in a lettuce leaf, top it with salad and dipping sauce and wrap.
11. Serve vegetable strips with dipping sauce on side.