Cooking Bulgogi and Bulgogi Stew
|Tenderloin beef steak||2 Pound, sliced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Asian pear||1 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Water/Cooking wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned beef broth||14 Ounce|
|Button mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Medium, sliced|
|Enoki mushroom||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced|
|Green onions||5 , cut in 2 inch pieces|
|Tofu||250 Gram, cut in 1/2 in slices|
|Green chili peppers||1 , chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
1. Place the beef in freezer for 2 hours until semi frozen.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the beef thinly.
3. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for sauce and blend for about 30 seconds.
4. Add in honey and pulse for 30 seconds more until it forms in fine paste.
5. In a large bowl, pour the paste and add black pepper, and sesame seeds.
6. Add the beef pieces in the sauce, and sesame oil, and mix well to coat with hands.
7. Cover and allow the meat to marinate for at least 3 hours to overnight in refrigerator.
8. Cut the button mushrooms, carrots, chilies and onions in thin slices.
9. Cut tofu in about ½ inch slices and cut green onions in abut 2 inch pieces.
10. In a large shallow skillet arrange the mushrooms, carrot, onion, green onions and tofu.
11. Place the marinated beef on top in the center of the skillet.
12. Place the chili pepper over the meat and stream in the beef broth and water.
13. Put the lid and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, stir the meat and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more on high heat.
14. Take the skillet to the table and serve while it is still cooking, with a bowl of rice.
To make Bulgogi, grill the marinated beef, or broil it.
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.3 mg33.8%
Sodium 1508.3 mg62.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet