Cod Pancake (Daegujeon)
|Cod filets||400 Gram (or haddock)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, smashed and chopped|
|Saffron salt/Salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red chilli pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Spring onion||1 , finely chopped|
|For dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice the fish filet on slant in about 1 inch pieces and put it in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle salt, garlic and black pepper over the cod slices and mix with your hands.
3. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt.
4. Add in the spring onion and red chili pepper to the egg and beat.
5. For dipping sauce, in a bowl, mix together soy sauce and vinegar and set aside.
6. In a bowl, put the flour and put the cod pieces, few at a time and mix well to coat.
7. In a pan over medium high heat, pour olive oil.
8. Dip the floured cod into the beaten eggs and then place the pieces onto the heated pan.
9. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 1 minute or until golden brown in color.
10. Flip the cod pieces using a spatula or spoon and allow the other side to cook.
11. Add more oil if needed.
12. On a big plate, place green lettuce on the bottom and place the cooked fish on it.
13. Serve it with the prepared dipping sauce.