Doenjang Jjigae (Korean Soybean Paste Stew)
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes|
|Zucchini/Squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Green chili pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Green onion||1 , sliced|
|Tofu||150 Gram, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Soy bean paste||5 Tablespoon (doen jang, heaping tablespoon)|
|Shrimp||4 , peeled, deveined|
|For korean style mixed green salad|
|Mixed lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Small, sliced diagonally|
|Green onion||1 , chopped|
|For salad dressing|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper paste||4 Teaspoon|
1. Peel the potato, using a sharp knife, cut the potatoes in quarters and then cut them in cubes.
2. Cut the onion in dices, cut the zucchini in quarters and then in cubes.
3. Smash and chop the garlic.
4. Dice green chili pepper, and put all the vegetables in a pot.
5. Remove the heads and intestines of dried anchovies, and chop them up.
6. Chop the shrimp and put the seafood into the pot with vegetables.
7. Put the soy bean paste and stream in water, just enough to cover all the ingredients.
8. Place the pot on high heat and bring to a boil and allow to boil until the potatoes are tender.
9. Add in the tofu and green onions.
10. Cook for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
11. Mean while, in a bowl, put together all the ingredients for the dressing and stir well to combine.
12. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, onion, cucumber and green onion, stream the dressing on top and toss well to mix, set aside.
13. Serve the stew in a bowl over bed of rice and top it with mixed green salad.
14. Put a dollop of pepper paste and drizzle with sesame oil.
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.6 mg20.2%
Sodium 1671.2 mg69.6%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 82.8%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet