Are you ready for a new kind of bulalo? How about trying something different like bulalo served on a sizzling plate? Sizzling Bulalo may sound like a new dish, but it has been in existence for quite sometime now. Instead of making a delicious soup out of beef shanks, this marrowy part of the beef is tenderized and placed on a sizzling metal plate then generously topped with gravy. Sounds delightful, isn’t it? As delightful as this may seem, let me remind you that over indulging can lead to serious health issues. Let us try to control our appetite so that we can still enjoy this dish the next time around.
1 1⁄2 Pound
Cooked sweet corn
Condensed cream of mushroom soup
Sliced white mushrooms
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use Fresh)
Ground black pepper
3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)
1. Make the mushroom gravy
1.1. Heat a cooking pot or sauce pan then add the 1 tablespoon butter and melt.
1.2. Put-in the mushroom and sauté for 3 minutes
1.3. Add the condensed cream of mushroom soup then stir
1.4. Pour 3/4 cup water; add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper then stir. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
1.5. Set aside.
2. Arrange Beef Shank in a cooking pot then sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Pour 3 cups water and apply heat. Let boil and simmer until the beef is tender. Remove from the cooking pot and place in a clean plate. Note: add water as needed.
4. Season both sides of the beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
5. Heat a pan then add 2 tablespoons butter. Let the butter melt.
6. Pan-fry both sides of the beef for at least 2 minutes per side.
7. Heat the sizzling plate (metal plate) then put-in 1 tablespoon butter and let melt.
8. Arrange the pan fried beef on the sizzling plate, top with mushroom gravy, and place the corn on the side.