Filipino Adobong Isaw
|Pigs small intestines/Cows small intestines||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||6 , crushed|
|Cooking rice wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried chili||6 (Thai Variety)|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Dried bay leaves||4|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Pour 4 cups water in a cooking pot, apply heat, and let boil.
2. Add 2 teaspoons salt, 2 pieces dried bay leaves, and cooking wine.
3. Put-in the small intestine and simmer until tender.
4. Remove the tender intestines, turn-off heat, and cut the intestines into 2 inches length. Set aside.
5. Heat a wok or frying pan then pour-in cooking oil.
6. Sauté garlic and dried chili.
7. Put in the intestine and cook for a minute.
8. Add whole pepper corn, bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar, and 1/2 cup water then let boil.
9. Stir the mixture then add salt and sugar. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
10. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
11. Share and enjoy!
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.6%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8197.1 mg341.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.2%
Sugars 36.1 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet