Oriental Pasta With Snow Peas And Peppers
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Yellow bell pepper||1|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, string and trim the snow peas. Core and coarsely dice the bell peppers; set aside.
3. Blanch the snow peas in the boiling water 30 seconds, or until they turn bright green. Using a slotted spoon and reserving the boiling water, transfer the snow peas to a colander; cool them under cold running water and set them aside to drain. Blanch the broccoli florets 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender; using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a colander, cool and drain them.
4. Return the pot of water to a boil. Cook the linguine in the boiling water 10 minutes, or according to the package directions until al dente.
5. Meanwhile, cut the blanched snow peas in half diagonally.
6. For the dressing, combine the stock, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, ginger and garlic in a small bowl and stir until blended; set aside.
7. Drain the linguine and transfer it to a large serving bowl. Add the snow peas, bell peppers, broccoli and dressing, and toss to combine.