Noodles With Tofu And Cashews
|Dried chinese mushrooms||4|
|Rice noodles||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tofu||4 Ounce, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (125 Gram)|
|Unsalted cashew nuts||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Spring onion||3 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped ginger root||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Bean sprouts||4 Ounce (125 Gram, Preferably Short Or Home-Sprouted)|
1. Soak the mushrooms in boiling water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 150 ml (V4 pint) of the water. Discard the stalks and slice the caps.
2. Soak the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, season with salt and pepper and toss in the sesame oil. Place in a warmed serving dish.
3. Blend the soy sauce, reserved mushroom liquid, cornflour, and salt and pepper together and set aside.
4. Heat half of the groundnut oil in a wok, add the tofu and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until browned. Remove and set aside.
5. Add the cashew nuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
6. Heat the remaining oil, add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, mushroom caps and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the blended stock and cook, stirring, until thickened.
7. Return the tofu and cashews to the wok and check the seasoning. Spoon onto the noodles and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1828 Calories from Fat 905
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.3%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2648.6 mg110.4%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g67%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.4%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 34 g69%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 43.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 54.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet