Fried Potato Rolls
|Potato||2 Large, peeled, diced and boiled|
|Cracked wheat bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked in 1 cup warm water|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sumac/Pomegranate molasses||To Taste|
|Olive oil||To Taste|
1. Mash the potatoes and mix salt, black pepper, and allspice.
3. Add the already soaked cracked wheat and mix with the mashed potatoes.
4. In a skillet, onions along with olive oil, saute until thee onions turn translucent.
5. Add the chopped walnuts and mix. Season with the spices the spices.
6. Take a ball of the potatoes and wheat dough, fill with onion and walnut mixture and seal.Repeat the process to make several such rolls.
7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the prepared rolls.
12. Serve warm or at room temperature with green salad or yogurt on the side.
Calories 603 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 65.8 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 36%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet