This is a vegetarian , satisfying and easy recipe for Kubbet (Kibbet) Batata (Baked Potatoes With Cracked Wheat). It does not take much time to prepare if you happen to have all the ingredients at home. It makes a nice presentation and easy to handle finger food if you are having a gathering or a party. Here are the few and simple ingredients that make a nice tasting dish that is satisfying and filling.
2 Large, peeled, diced and boiled
Cracked wheat bulgur
1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked in 1 cup warm water
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1 , diced
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
1. Mash the potatoes and mix salt, black pepper, and allspice.
3. Add the already soaked cracked wheat and mix with the mashed potatoes.
4. In a skillet, onions along with olive oil, saute until thee onions turn translucent.
5. Add the chopped walnuts and mix. Season with the spices the spices.
6. Take a ball of the potatoes and wheat dough, fill with onion and walnut mixture and seal.Repeat the process to make several such rolls.
7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the prepared rolls.
12. Serve warm or at room temperature with green salad or yogurt on the side.
If you are a vegetarian didn't you wonder if you could eat those sexy kibbeh every time you saw them? Well, here is a fried potato rolls recipe which won't let you feel left out, next time you have an Arabic treat. It is a great recipe with walnut stuffing. It might as well give the real ones run for its money.