Vegetable Paneer Kofta
|Carrot||1 , shredded|
|Capsicum||1 , shredded|
|Shredded cabbage||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, shredded|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Paneer||250 Gram (Cottage Cheese)|
|Bread slice||1 , squeezed out of water|
|Maida||3 Tablespoon (Plain Flour)|
|Garam masala||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Mixed Spices)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Elaichi||2 Large (Brown Cardamom, moti ones)|
|Beaten curd||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Dhania powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Coriander)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Mixed Spices)|
1. Shred all vegetables into thin long strips.
2. Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a karahi. Add onions. Cook for a few seconds.
3. Add capsicum. Fry for a few seconds.
4. Add cabbage & carrot. Stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove from fire, cool the filling. Keep aside.
7. Sift maida. Grate paneer.
8. Mix grated paneer, maida and other ingredients of the covering, with the palm of the hand till the grains of the paneer disappear.
9. Divide into 4 big balls.
10. Flatten each ball to a size of about 2 1/2" diameter.
11. Place 1 tbsp of filling in the centre.
12. Lift the sides to cover the filling.
13. Give the kofta an oval shape like an egg.
14. Roll in maida and deep fry koftas carefully to a golden brown colour.
15. Grind onions, ginger and seeds of moti illaichi together.
16. Grind tomatoes to a puree. Keep aside.
17. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a karahi. Add onion paste and cook on slow fire till golden brown in colour.
18. Add dhania powder. Mix.
19. Add curd gradually, 2-3 tbsp at a time, stirring continuously till all the curd is used.
20. Cook on slow fire till the mixture turns brown again and the oil separates. Add red chilli powder.
21. Add the tomato puree, cook till oil separates.
22. Add enough water to get a thick gravy. Add salt, garam masala, and tomato ketchup and cook covered on slow fire for 5-7 minutes after the first boil. Keep aside.
23. Cut koftas into two, lengthwise. Heat in a preheated oven for 3-4 minutes.
24. Boil the gravy separately, and pour in a serving dish.
25. Arrange the heated koftas on the gravy.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1674 Calories from Fat 866
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.1%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.7 mg13.2%
Sodium 2321 mg96.7%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.8%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 288.2% Vitamin C 395.9%
Calcium 71.2% Iron 42.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet