Adobong Mani or Fried Shelled Peanuts with Garlic is a good appetizer. It is also believed to be a major source of nutrients that can boost brain power. When you are in the Philippines, these can be purchased from any major street corner. It comes in at least two forms: with or without skin. Each form has also two versions: spicy and non-spicy.
Raw shelled peanuts
2 Pound (With Or Without Skin)
1 Clove (5 gm), halved
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Heat a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil.
2. When the oil is hot, put-in the garlic and fry until the color turns golden to medium brown.
3. Remove the garlic and set aside.
4. Adjust the heat to low then fry the peanuts while stirring occasionally. This should take about 10 to 14 minutes.
5. Take the peanuts out of the cooking pot and drain excess oil using a sieve.
6. Transfer the peanuts to a mixing bowl.
7. Sprinkle salt on top of the fried peanuts and stir to distribute evenly. Top with fried garlic.
8. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter then serve.
Want a really flavorful Asian style appetizer? Try Filipino Adobong Mani or fried shelled peanuts flavored with garlic. These are easy to make as the only cooking process here is deep frying of garlic and peanuts. So, next time you want to serve an appetizer or a munch for the drinks, serve this flavorful dish.
Filipino Adobong Mani Recipe Video, Fried Shelled Peanuts With Garlic