Classic Vegetable And Paneer Biryani
|Biryani masala||4 Tablespoon (1 Bag)|
|Fried onions||40 Gram|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||3 , sliced|
|Black cumin||1 Teaspoon (Kala Jeera)|
|Whole garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak rice for 1 hr in a bowl. Now boil water add rice to it, the rice to be cooked half (70%) and strain the rice.
2. To prepare this exotic dish, take a pan add oil, whole garam masala (cardamom, clove, cinnamon, bay leaves and shahi jeera).
3. Sauté them and add jeera, ginger garlic paste, all vegetables cut into bit long size, mix well and add salt according to taste. Cook till they are half cooked. Do not over cook them as they would become soft and will not taste good for the biryani.
4. Now add fresh mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, green chillies, biryani masala mix and half cup of curd. You can also add paneer if you desire to.
5. Take a biryani bowl, add half of the cooked vegetables to the rice, spread all over the pan add some curd, nuts (cashew nuts, almonds etc) if required, salt, golden brown fried onions, add half rice, repeat the same process again.
6. Lastly add fried onions, fried bread pieces, close it with a lid tightly, and cook over a slow flame for 5 mins.
7. Serve hot.
Calories 727 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.8 mg2.6%
Sodium 815.4 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 15 g30.9%
Vitamin A 101.5% Vitamin C 66.4%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet