Minced Chicken Satay
|Dried sweetened flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced thai chili/Serrano chilies||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spice paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground chicken/Turkey||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Lemon grass stalks||12 (About 12 Inch)|
1. In a food processor, whirl coconut, chilies, and 2 tablespoons hot water until finely ground.
2. Add spice paste, salt, pepper, and chicken; whirl until well mixed.
3. Trim root ends from lemon grass. Trim tops to make stalks 6 to 8 inches long. Remove coarse outer leaves.
4. Dipping hands in cool water often to reduce sticking, mound about 1/4 cup chicken mixture around thick end of each lemon grass stalk (or 2 tablespoons on one end of each soaked wood skewer). Gently squeeze chicken mixture around each stalk (or skewer) into a 4-inch log. Place chicken sticks in a single layer in a flat pan.
5. Lay chicken satay on a lightly oiled grill over hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Cook, turning as needed to brown evenly, 5 to 6 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2204 Calories from Fat 959
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.9%
Saturated Fat 70 g349.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 487.6 mg162.5%
Sodium 2921.3 mg121.7%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 191.2 g
Protein 105 g209.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet