my friend comes over and we make a delicious kung pao chicken using seitan instead of chicken. The kids love it and so do I!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch strips
2 , minced
1⁄2 Medium, chopped
Red bell pepper
1 Medium, chopped
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a rice cooker, add rice and water, turn on the power and cook until the rice is done.
2. In a measuring cup mix together all ingredients of the sauce.
3. In a pan or wok, heat safflower oil( 2 tablespoon). When it is hot, add the seitan and cook till it’s almost done. Set aside in a bowl and drizzle with a little sesame oil.
4. Add some more oil(1 tablespoon) to the pan or wok and then add ginger, garlic and chili to the hot oil. Keep on stirring. When they start to turn golden, add the peanuts, stir and cook until the peanuts are done.
5. Add in the pre-cooked seitan and mix. Add sauce and mix again. Heat for one minute and then cover until you are ready to serve.
6. Serve over rice and top with some hot sauce, if desired.