1. Using a mixer or a hand grinder, grind the potatoes until they become a very fine paste. Drain the potato mixture to separate the liquid from the potato. Set aside the potato water for about 15 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes, you will notice that the potato starch has settled to the bottom of the bowl and the liquid is on top. Remove the liquid by pouring it out carefully and save only the potato starch. Add the potato starch to the potato paste. Add salt and mix it well.
3. In a generously oiled and heated pan add a spoonful of the potato mixture and spread it into round shapes. Place some green onions and peppers on the pancakes. Fry them till the pancakes become golden brown in color on both sides.
4. Garnish the pancakes with green onions and red peppers.
5. Serve warm with any dipping sauce of your choice.
Ask a Korean what are the most popular snacks in Korea, you are sure to have “Jeon” on the list! Watch Aeri share the recipe of Korea’s favorite snack using potato. She got this recipe from a popular Korean TV show “Family Outing.” It is difficult to believe that these delicious pancakes can be made with four simple ingredients. These are so yummy on a rainy day!
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 127.5 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 7.7%
Vitamin C 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Lee Hyori's Potato Pancakes As Seen In Family Outing (이효리표 감자전) Recipe Video, Korean Potato Pancake