Chicken Sotanghon Guisado
|Vermicelli noodles||1⁄2 Pound (Sotanghon)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Annatto water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Onion leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pour water in the cooking pot and apply heat.
2. When the water starts boiling, add celery, 3/4 cup diced onions, whole peppercorns, and chicken
3. Simmer for 40 to 60 minutes then turn off the heat and let cool.
4. Remove the meat from the chicken using your hands. Discard the bones and skin. Set aside.
5. Filter the liquid using a strainer and set aside. This will be the chicken broth.
6. Soak the noodles in water until it becomes soft.
7. Heat a clean wok or cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
8. When the oil is hot enough, sauté garlic and the remaining 3/4 cup diced onions.
9. Add-in chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Pour-in annatto water and chicken broth then bring to a boil.
11. Stir-in the carrots and half of the chopped onion leeks. Cook for 3 minutes.
12. Add the noodles and fish sauce then cook for another 2 minutes.
13. Transfer to a serving plate and top with remaining onion leeks and place lemon or calamansi slices on the side.
14. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Calories 1183 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 2227.3 mg92.8%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 67 g133.1%
Vitamin A 116.9% Vitamin C 42.7%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet