Ube Halaya is a dessert made from boiled and grated purple yam which is locally known in the Philippines as “Ube”. Aside from Ube Halaya, different desserts and pastries such as ice cream, tarts, and cakes makes use of this root crop.
1 Pound, grated, shredded or mashed
14 Ounce (About 1 Can)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Heat a cooking pot then put-in the butter and let it melt.
2. Add the condensed milk then stir well.
3. Put-in the purple yam then continue stirring.
4. Add the vanilla extract and stir occasionally until the texture of the mixture becomes really thick (about 15 to 20 minutes under low fire)
5. Transfer the mixture to a mold or any container and let the temperature cool down.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours then serve.
7. Share and enjoy!