Camaron Reboasado (translated in English as Overflowed Shrimp) is an easy seafood dish that makes use of shrimps as the primary component. Shelled shrimps are marinated in lemon juice and dipped in a batter before deep frying. This style of cooking shrimp nearly resembles the Japanese tempura and shrimp croquettes; however, some ingredients and preparation steps vary.
1 Pound, peeled and deveined
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
2. Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
3. Add the eggs and milk stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
4. Heat a pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
5. When the oil is hot enough, dip a piece of shrimp in the batter (leave the tail uncovered) then deep-fry until the color of the outer part turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
6. Remove from the pan or fryer then place in a plate with paper towel (this will absorb excess oil).
7. Serve with sweet and sour sauce. Share and enjoy!
Want a mouth watering seafood recipe? Try making Filipino Battered Prawns, these deep fried battered shrimps will make you hungry. It would have been an easy to make recipe if the ingredient quantities were mentioned. Nevertheless, you can try making it by watching the video and using your general knowledge on cooking.