|Pita bread rounds||2 , hard toasted|
|Romaine lettuce head||1⁄2 , washed, tore and drained|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 , washed, tore and drained|
|Pickling cucumbers||3 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 , chopped|
|Fresh mint||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green onions||4 , diced|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 225°F.
2) Place pita bread on flat pan, and leave in the oven for 2 hours, turning once or twice.
3) Take the pita bread out of the oven.
4) Allow to cool and cut into fairly large pieces.
5) In a salad bowl. place the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, mint, onions, and salt.
6) In a small bowl, blend together oil and vinegar.
7) Sprinkle the salad with vinegar dressing, and mix well.
8) Arrange pita bread on top of the salad and serve.