One of my favourite ingredients is whole wheat flour. I love to use it in cooking. It gives extra boost of nutrients to the diet of your family.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 1⁄4 Teaspoon
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixing bowl, add and combine the yeast with warm water and sugar. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the whole wheat flour, white flour, olive oil and salt. knead this well on medium speed for 10 minutes. Once done, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and set it aside to rise for 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, shape the dough into 10 golf sized balls and place them on a baking sheet. Cover the baking sheet with a damp cloth and let this rise for another 10 minutes before baking.
5. Take the balls one by one and roll it out into 1/4 inch thick discs of 5 - 6 inches diameter.
6. Bake this in the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until golden brown.