We make this spicy Indonesian influenced condiment that is perfect with a variety of grilled seafood. It may look like a lot of ingredients, but it's a really simple assembly.
Jalapeno/Thai bird chillies
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), peeled, cut into very small pieces
2 Teaspoon, firmly packed
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Cracked black pepper
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1) Beat the lemongrass stalks with back of a knife and chop them roughly.
2) In a food processor, add all the ingredients and pulse to get a paste consistency.
3) In a pot over a medium high heat, add oil and then the sambal mixture.
4) Stir constantly and cook for 7 minutes until lighly browned.
5) Add water and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until creamy.
6) Use the sambal in a marinade for grilled shrimp or as desired.
Have you ever tasted Indonesian Sambol - if not, then you must try this recipe. Prepare at home, so that you can control the level of spiciness in this condiment. But, it is really hot and spicy. Watch the video and try it today.