Filipino Kalderetang Kambing
|Goat meat||1 Pound, cubed (Chevon)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, diced|
|Crushed chili/Fresh thai chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bell pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Liver spread||6 Tablespoon|
|Spanish olives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Green Ones)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Large, cubed|
|Potato||1 Medium, cubed|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Combine the vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper in a large bowl then marinate the goat meat for at least an hour (This should eliminate the gamey smell and taste of the meat) then separate the meat from the marinade.
2. Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot or casserole and apply heat.
3. SautÃ© the garlic, onion, and tomatoes
4. Add the marinated goat meat then cook until the color of the outer part turns light brown
5. Put-in the tomato sauce and crushed chili then allow to cook for 2 minutes
6. Add the water and allow to boil. Simmer for at least 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
7. Add the liver spread and cook for 5 minutes (You may add water if the sauce seems to dry up)
8. Put-in the potatoes and carrots then simmer for 8 minutes.
9. Add the olives and bell pepper then simmer for another 5 minutes.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.6 mg21.5%
Sodium 821.9 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 449.7% Vitamin C 92.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet