Heart Shaped Fried Egg is a common Korean side dish for meals or lunch boxes. Typically, it is round and taste like a fried flat egg. However, today I will show you something different. This version has a cute heart shape and includes some vegetables like carrots and green onions for color and taste. It is very easy to make, and you can make somebody happy.
Chopped green onion
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
Finely chopped carrot
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
1. Take a bowl and break the eggs into it and stir gently. Remove 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture and keep it aside for use later.
2. Add the green onion, carrot and salt into the egg mixture and mix well.
3. Take an 8 inch pan and lightly grease it with some oil using a paper towel. Heat the pan on medium heat. Pour 1/4 egg mixture into the pan. When the surface of the egg starts to cook start rolling the egg from one end using a spatula or chopsticks. Move it to the end of the pan and place it there. Grease the rest of the pan with oil once again and pour the same amount of the egg mixture on the pan and fry and roll it again in the same way along with the already rolled egg.
4. Repeat the process 2 more times with the remaining egg mixture and you will get a rolled fried egg. Let the fried egg cool for about 1 minute before you cut it.
5. Cut the egg into 1-inch pieces. You can serve it this way as well.
6. In order to get the heart shape, take a piece of the cut egg and cut it diagonally and invert one half and place it together to form a heart shape, as instructed in the video.
7. Dip the heart shaped egg in the egg mixture that was saved in the beginning. Grease the pan once again and fry these heart shaped fried eggs once again on a medium heat.
8. Serve the heart shaped fried eggs as a snack to your loved ones and enjoy.
Most kids are not fond of eggs. This Korean style egg custard is a great way to interest kids into eating nutrient rich eggs. Aeri shows how to make the traditional Korean egg custard in very cute heart shapes. She also includes vegetables like carrots and onions to make it look more colorful and add to the taste. This makes a wonderful breakfast or lunch box snack for kids!