Filipino Pakbet Tagalog
|Pork||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Egg plant||1 Large, chopped|
|Bitter melon||1 Medium, chopped|
|Squash||1⁄4 Pound, chopped into 2 x1 inch cubes|
|Tomato||3 Large, sliced|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|String beans||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut in 3 inches length|
|Shrimp paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the pan and put the cooking oil.
2. When oil is hot enough, saute the garlic, ginger, onion, and tomato
3. Add the pork and cook until color turns light brown (about 5 to 8 minutes)
4. Put-in the shrimp paste and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is tender
6. Put-in the squash and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until texture becomes soft
7. Add the remaining vegetables and mix with the other ingredients.Simmer for 5 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked. (Do not overcook the vegetables)
8. Serve hot with steamed white rice. Share and Enjoy!