Kwek-Kwek or Orange eggs are boiled quailed eggs coated with an orange batter and deep-fried until the batter is crispy. This is categorized as a street food and are sold along with fish balls, squid balls, and chicken balls.
Boiled quail pieces
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (Pinulbos Na Atsuete)
Ground black pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Place the cornstarch in a container and dredge the boiled quail eggs. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper then mix thoroughly.
3. Dilute the anatto powder in warm water then pour-in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
4. Place all the quail eggs in the mixing bowl and coat with the batter.
5. Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
6. When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the quail eggs by scooping them from the mixing bowl using a spoon. Make sure that each is coated with batter.
7. After a few minutes, remove the fried quail eggs from the pan and place in a serving plate.
8. Serve with vinegar or fish ball sauce while still crispy. Share and Enjoy!