Pineapple Orange Buttermilk Sherbet
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh)|
|Crushed pineapple||8 Ounce (undrained)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon, fresh|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
1. Combine buttermilk, milk, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Blend in orange juice, pineapple, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. (The mixture may appear curdled at this point.) Chill.
3. Pour mixture into refrigerator trays or metal pans, not more than three fourths full. Cover and freeze until mixture becomes firm around the edges.
4. Turn into a chilled bowl and beat or stir until smooth. Return to refrigerator trays and cover. Freeze until firm.
5. If not to be served soon after freezing, sherbet may be kept frozen in plastic containers 2 to 3 weeks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2625 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg15.1%
Sodium 187.5 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 557 g185.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 500.1 g
Protein 55 g110.4%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 487.8%
Calcium 57.4% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet