Tortang talong or Eggplant Omelet is a very simple Filipino dish fit for those who are always in a hurry. A very budget friendly meal, this recipe won’t hurt your wallet at all.I would recommend this to beginners because it only takes few easy steps to complete and will just take you less than 15 minutes to prepare.
Chinese eggplant pieces
1. Grill the eggplant until the color of skin turns almost black
2. Let the eggplant cool for a while then peel off the skin. Set aside.
3. Crack the eggs and place in a bowl
4. Add salt and beat
5. Place the eggplant on a flat surface and flatten using a fork.
6. Dip the flattened eggplant in the beaten egg mixture
7. Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil
8. Fry the eggplant (that was dipped in the beaten mixture). Makes sure that both sides are cooked. Frying time will take you about 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium heat.