Oriental Chicken Pancakes
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken/Turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Chopped ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , cut into 1 1/4-inch sticks|
|Stalk celery||1 , cut into 1 1/4-inch sticks|
|Water chestnuts||4 , sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and diced|
|Homemade chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Mix the bean sprouts, chicken, ginger, and sherry together in a medium-sized bowl. Add the salt to the eggs and stir into the bean sprout mixture. Heat a 6-inch skillet and oil it well. Pour in the bean sprout mixture to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
2. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 8 minutes. Loosen around the edges and slide the pancake out onto a plate. Place the skillet over the pancake and invert the plate.
3. Cook the pancake for several minutes on the second side. Slide onto a warm platter and repeat until all batter is used.
4. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a medium-sized saucepan and saute the scallions, celery, water chestnuts, and green pepper until tender but not browned.
5. Add the broth, soy sauce, and salt and bring to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and water and stir into the vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens.
6. When all the chicken pancakes are cooked
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1480 Calories from Fat 922
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g159.2%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1379.4 mg459.8%
Sodium 4254.5 mg177.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 86 g171.3%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 260.4%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet