Korean Gyeran Jjim
|For the steamed egg custard|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Small, chop (and divided)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, dice (and divided)|
|Red pepper||1 Small, dice (and divided)|
|Salted shrimp||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the egg soup|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salted shrimp||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chop|
1. Chop and dice the green onion, green pepper, garlic and red pepper, set aside.
2. In a bowl add the water into the 2 beaten eggs, whip and strain into another bowl.
3. Add green onion, green pepper, red pepper and salted shrimp; cover with plastic wrap and steam in a steamer for about 15 min.
4. In a bowl whisk 3 eggs and keep aside.
5. In a pot, add 2 cups of water, green onion, green pepper, red pepper and salted shrimp; bring to a boil.
6. Pour in the egg and cook for about 3 minutes.
7. Serve both the dishes hot.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 382.1 mg127.4%
Sodium 210.1 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 127.1%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet