1. Cut the chicken breast into cubes, set aside.
2. In a pan, sauté the chicken in the heated oil for a few minutes until the chicken changes the color.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, over a medium heat, add ginger and garlic and all the sauce ingredients in order except the cornstarch.
5. Bring to a boil and stir in the chicken; simmer, covered over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
6. Dissolve the cornstarch in little water, mix well.
7. Remove the lid and stir in a cornstarch mixture; simmer until the sauce is slightly thick.